Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 1998 11:05:30 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        gibbs@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SCB problems in current (and CAM)

Hi

I am having a lot of problems in my 3.0-CURRENT kernel.

The kernel randomly locks up (not often), but more often I get SCB
errors; the most common is

[words written from memory]
SCB timeout handled by another timeout
SCB timeout handled by another timeout
SCB timeout handled by another timeout
SCB timeout handled by another timeout
:
:
[HARD HANG]

I get another where there is a screen (or so) of kernel errors
referring to SCB problems. This screen contains all sorts of useful
looking stuff, but as it is followed by a spontaneous reboot, I
cannot write it down.

I have attached my kernel config file and the output from dmesg.
Any idea what gives?

[ Next question - When is CAM likely to be committed? I'd be
happy/prepared to to help test/stress it if it solves my problem. ]

Mark Murray