Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 1996 00:27:00 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org (Frank Durda IV), hackers@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sup%d is broken - I agree

Let's set up conventions like:

	freebsd-sup-admin@<mirror-host>
	freebsd-www-admin@<mirror-host>
	freebsd-ftp-admin@<mirror-host>

The point being, I don't care if sup3 is broken, but I *do* care violently
if sup2 is broken.  I also want to get important notifications from you
about changes at freefall (which I rarely if ever get now).

If something's wrong with sup2, www2, et al, I want to know about it asap.

Paul

  From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
  > I must also report similar problems:
  > [details of sup2..supn dysfunction elided]

  Well, I'm glad you're reporting them, that's all I can really say.
  Truly!  I think that central resources should be flagged ASAP when
  broken and people should take Extra Special Care in making sure they
  run right, just as we jump up and down and run around in paniced
  circles whenever freefall starts having problems.  We might not fix
  things right away, but we certainly manage to look busy! :-)

  Any suggestions on promoting and facilitating this level of
  reliability?  Would an `admin' mailing list for all FreeBSD.ORG
  related resources help, or would it merely turn into a source of
  unwanted messages for admins who already get too much mail?  It
  certainly doesn't seem like such reports should be sent to hackers,
  anyway.  There's too much traffic there.

  					Jordan