Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 15:23:23 -0400
From:      "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk@cybernothing.org>
To:        muditha@seychelles.net
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Router

[Removed portmaster-users, since I'm not a member of that list.]

On Jun 9, Muditha Gunatilake <muditha@seychelles.net> wrote:

> Any one heard of a compaq NETELLIGENT router 8500 communication
> platform?
>
> If so how does it compare with Cisco2500 series.

	I've heard of "routers" that were actually just Compaqs running
	Linux and GateD...is this one of 'em?  If so, I've heard mixed
	reviews, as I have of any GateD-based solution.

	IMHO, Cisco /is/ the standard, and the only reason to go with
	anything else would have to be the price.  But, as always, it
	depends heavily on what your requirements are.

--
J.D. Falk, Network Operations Center Supervisor      +1 (415) 482-2840
Priori Networks, Inc.                            http://www.priori.net