Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 07:21:29 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Rob Furphy <rcf@ox.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Fixing Jbuilder 3.5

Rob Furphy wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the fonts discussion.  It seems that
> the font problems I was experiencing are the same ones
> that others are experiencing.
>
> I have not tried URW fonts since Robert's font.properties
> file works great for me.  I think I'll stick with them for now.

It sounds like the two font.properties are both useful to different folk.
At this stage I think the right thing to do is to retain them both, but put
some more prominent information on using Robert's version and/or possibly
make a compilation switch to use them.

> Place the jpda.jar and dt.jar files from the
> Linux RC4 distro into the same place in the FreeBSD distro
> (<javaroot>/lib>) and Jbuilder will work.  I am certain jpda.jar
> is needed, not as sure for dt.jar but it doesn't hurt anything.
> These files seem like they are part of Java1.3 and Borland/Sun
> included them in the JBuilder/Sun Java1.2 for JBuilder,
> (and Blackdown subsequently included them in RC4 - we
> should probably do the same).

Thanks Rob!  I can't see putting them in the patchset as that would bloat
it fairly significantly but again it sounds like some information about
JBuilder and jpda.jar is needed.  I'd suggest jpda.jar should definitely go
into any binary release though.

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083