Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 02:25:53 +0000
From:      Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
To:        "E.B. Dreger" <eddy+public+spam@noc.everquick.net>
Cc:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The ultimate board!

Hi Eddy, you wrote

> My point was that I like Tulips... I'd expect 2x Tulip to cost a little
> more than 3x SiS (NS now that I actually read dmesg output).  If it works
> and gets the job done, I'm happy.

Well, but I *need* 3 ethernet ports, so, I prefer having three that
just work over 2 tulips that also work :-)

> Have you had a chance to test forwarding rate, in both Mbps and fps?

You mean just packet forwarding and a little routing without any
encryption? I can do that, although I might need four or more
computers to actually create traffic w/o being themselves
overloaded. I'll try to set something up. What is the rate that
I should expect? Is there a standardized benchmark that I should
use? (I have my own UDP streaming test tool that I use to measure
bandwidths.)

thanks,
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistent Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine