Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 1996 16:57:37 -0400
From:      Brian Bartholomew <bb@wizard.pn.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        Chris Watson <scanner@webspan.net>
Subject:   Re: RAID systems for freebsd

> Im looking into getting a raid system for us were running all
> FreeBSD cans here. Management wants one so were getting one.. I
> would MUCH rather keep it an all fbsd camp i dont want an NT or
> anyother garbage on my lan.  Is there ANY RAID controlles and
> subsystems supported by freebsd or BSDI

If freebsd has the drivers, I can recommend the DPT Scsi cards based
on my experience with them in Interactive Unix boxes.  These will do
mirroring at the controller level.  See also
http://stampede.cs.berkeley.edu/ccd/ for mirroring at the OS level.

Another member of the League for Programming Freedom (LPF) lpf@uunet.uu.net
Brian Bartholomew - bb@pn.com - Pioneer Global Telecommunications Inc.