Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2001 12:02:23 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        David Dooley <dpd@raffles-it.com>
Cc:        freebsd-Mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

All I do is have my system boot "unconfigured".

I then write a shell script to do the configuration I need for that
network.

turtledawn~;more bin/gltg
#!/bin/sh

sudo /sbin/ifconfig ed1 inet 192.168.1.200
sudo /sbin/route add default 192.168.1.1
sudo cp /etc/resolv.conf.gltg /etc/resolv.conf
sudo killall -1 sendmail
sudo /usr/sbin/sshd
/usr/X11R6/bin/startx --nolisten tcp

It's ugly, but it works.

I suspect that the reason nobody's answered is that nobody has a
non-ugly solution.

Michael Lucas
mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org
http://www.blackhelicopters.org/~mwlucas/