Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 01:10:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: major/minor for industrial hw required

Are you sure it wouldn't be better suited to being a networking device?
That way you could write a dumb protocol statck for the appropriate
link-layer, and do it all with sockets etc.
sendto() and rcvfrom() would sound useful for that sort of
thing.
?

network drivers don't require major/minro numbers,
and they need not run IP.