Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 1997 15:31:14 +0100 (MET)
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        bkogawa@primenet.com, owensc@enc.edu, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: is NCI's "NC Server Suite" FreeBSD-based?

> On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Bryan K. Ogawa wrote:
>

> > Well, one of Free/Net/OpenBSD, at least, and not BSDi, and with the
> > reference to FreeBSD, it'd have to be the leading candidate.
>
> It is actually FreeBSD. All you have to do is call their supplier DLT and
> ask them if it's FreeBSD and they usually say "I'm not sure but I know it
> is BSD based hold on let me check... " And they come back and "Yes it is
> in fact FreeBSD"
>
> Just ask em there more than happy to tell you :)

They should actually tell up front, according to the BSD license...

> FreeBSD is running on quite a few commercial net related hardware
> appliances from what i hear.

Including ours :-)

We've told everybody we've been talking to that it runs on FreeBSD,
but it hasn't made it into the ad-materials on the net as far as I can
see (I just wanted to verify that it was there, and to my horror it
wasn't.  I'm going to rectify that come Monday).

It is in the docs, at least.

Eivind.