Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 1996 11:54:03 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jay Kuri <jaykuri@oneway.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Volunteering to help with the Documentation project.

Good Morning,

	I've been a user of FreeBSD since 2.0.5 was released.  Since then
I have become pretty familiar with the system.  I've set up numerous
machines on 2.1, 2.1.5, and now 2.1.6 both at work and at home.  I've
also set up many packages, ports, and system programs (such as user-level
ppp, etc.)
	I would like to volunteer for the documentation project.  I've
done technical writing before, and would really like to help make
documentation specific to freebsd more readily available.  I want to give
something back to the FreeBSD community, as it has been so good to me.
	I started setting up a FreeBSD-related web page awhile back, but
had to put it on hold due to some work-time restraints.  I've recently
gained some free time again, and would like to work with the documentation
project, rather than scatter more info on a new site.

	As far as specific knowledge goes, I am familiar with the
following:

	Installation
	   I've done many installs, and many in-place upgrades
	   of systems.

	System configuration

	  Compiling the kernel to support installed hardware.
	  Installation and configuration of system daemons;
		wu-ftpd, xinetd, apache, ssh, etc.
	  General system configuration, including package and port
		installation, as well as non-port-software installation.

	Network configuration

	  Configuration of ethernet-internet systems.
	  Configuration of User-level PPP for both static and
		dynamic IP, as well as manual and dial on demand.
	  Configuration of gateway systems to route information from
		ppp link to machines on local ethernet segment.

	As well as many other aspects of installing, upgrading and
maintaining FreeBSD systems.

	I work at an ISP as a systems programmer and administrator.  I am
familiar with the day-to-day operation of FreeBSD, as well as running
internet services such as sendmail, apache, anonymous ftp, etc. on FreeBSD.

	The web page I was working on (still unfinished) can be reached
at:   http://pinky.interaccess.com/jay/freebsd/index.html

	An example of technical documentation I've written is available
at:   http://pinky.interaccess.com/jay/freebsd/ppp.html
It is a 'how-to' about describing set-up of user-level PPP in
dial-on-demand mode with a dynamic IP.

Thank you for your attention.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Jay Kuri

---
Everyone can be taught to sculpt:  Michelangelo would have had to be
taught how not to.  So it is with the great programmers.