Date:      Mon, 06 Nov 2000 17:39:33 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3com AirConnect (was Re: Addtron wireless awp-100 )

> In message <200011062133.eA6LXAF28244@mass.osd.bsdi.com> Mike Smith writes:
> : Bill Paul gutted one at the 'con.  It contains a Harris chip, but there's
> : no sign of the AMD part.  I'm not sure whether that's because it's
> : embedded in the Harris part, or whether there's something else funky
> : going on.  If there's Linux support for it, we might be able to learn
> : something from that.  At any rate, Warner has the card now.
>
> Yes.  It fits well into an older laptop I have, but sticks on eject in
> my VAIO.  It fits great in the desktop ISA cards.  That might have
> something to do with the "butterfly"[*] condition it is in now.

Well.  Looking at Intersil's site, the Prism I reference design uses the
AMD PCNet/Mobile MAC.  This is the 2Mbps design.

The Prism II and 2.5 are the 11Mbps designs, and the schematics aren't
available on the web (you have to buy a set).  However, the Prism II and
2.5 stuff isn't so easy to get at.

Having said that, the Linux-WLAN stuff supposedly suports them all.  I
think the 3com card is probably using the Prism 2.5; can you check the
Harris/Intersil chip nearest the PCCARD connector?  It will probably be
an ISL3873.  There's a datasheet with limited information at
http://www.intersil.com/prism/wirelesssb.asp

Hope this helps.