Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:42:36 +0000
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        Bob Pickles <BPickles@sbs.com>
Cc:        Juergen.Dankoweit@T-Online.de, phk@phk.freebsd.dk, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on embedded systems

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 10:09:31PM -0700, Bob Pickles wrote:
> For you interest, I have implemented a PMC (PCI Mezzanine Card)
> driver for one of our products for a French company over 1 year
> ago. FreeBSD is a nice stable platform, to develop with.

This is very cool. I look forward to being able to run FreeBSD on a cPCI
chassis for one very strong reason: cPCI has geographical PCI addressing
support. If we had a clean way of using this to number network interfaces,
even better -- it's been a bone of contention with router control plane
software (i.e. XORP) for a while.

BMS