Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 2000 12:40:04 -0600
From:      lambert@cswnet.com
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Am I being spammed? Or is egroups this impolite?

In <Pine.BSF.4.05.10003081213490.20855-100000@buffnet11.buffnet.net>, on
03/08/2000
   at 12:27 PM, Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net> said:

>You can set max connections per minute in sendmail, max children total,
>etc to minimize the impact of jerk sites like egroups.

I set MaxDaemonChildren last night.  I see ConnectionRateThrottle and
QueueFactor.  ConnectionRateThrottle will just make it take longer for
them to swamp me correct?  It seems that it will also slow down
connections from polite sites while egroups is pounding on me.

Sorry for the long lines in the last message.  For some reason I had the
re-wrap on send turned off.

Thanks to everybody for the helpful ideas.  I think I can get them handled
now.