Date:      Sun, 04 Oct 1998 02:57:05 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm@zeus.theinternet.com.au>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Satellite link drivers (was Re: backbone connections in Australia)

At 11:34 AM 10/2/98 +1200, Andrew McNaughton wrote:
>Has anyone looked into drivers to run the satellite dish directly from
>FreeBSD, or do people use windows boxes for that?
>
>Would the need to route outgoing traffic via a different interface from
>incoming traffic create any major problems for doing this under freebsd?

Dunno on the first, but as for the 2nd I see no reason why not.

Outbound to the net via connection of your choice being the default gateway and everything comes back via the dish.

This might be a problem with a firewalled setup, but it should just look like a dual-homed connection.

Jeff Mountin - Unix Systems TCP/IP networking
jeff@mountin.net