Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 2010 15:39:56 -0500
From:      Programmer In Training <pit@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems With New Audio CD

--------------enig21E5FC46F227E34422901F73

On 04/07/10 14:45, Kevin Kinsey wrote:
> Kevin Kinsey wrote:
>> Programmer In Training wrote:
>>> I would go to questions, but I'm not sure it's relevant there so I
>>> thought I'd ask here.
>>>
>>> I just received a new, never been unwrapped before I touched it, audi=
>>> CD (Santcus Real, Pieces of a Real Heart). I can play it via 'cdcontr=
ol
>>> play' but it won't play in VLC, Audacious won't recognize it, and
>>> Asunder can't rip it (for my fair use copy).
>>
>> Tried lame?
>=20
> Ok, so you don't wanna rip it.  You can't "mount" an audio CD.
> As a non-root user, you can't access the CD directly.  You can't
> run vlc by itself as the superuser, so you're stuck?  Is this
> correct?
>=20
> Try "sudo vlc-wrapper", then try "Open Disc", pick CD, and
> Track 0.  Does that work?

No, it doesn't. Good idea though (and I've been meaning to install sudo).=

So it's safe to assume this CD is copy protected.

Thanks for the help guys and again, sorry if this was the wrong list to
post to.

--=20
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscrib=
ed.