Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 11:19:50 +0300
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@netmode.ntua.gr>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Rob Furphy <rcf@ox.com>, "freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Fixing Jbuilder 3.5

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 07:21:29AM +0930, Greg Lewis wrote:
> Rob Furphy wrote:
> > Thanks everyone for the fonts discussion.  It seems that
> > the font problems I was experiencing are the same ones
> > that others are experiencing.
> >
> > I have not tried URW fonts since Robert's font.properties
> > file works great for me.  I think I'll stick with them for now.
>
> It sounds like the two font.properties are both useful to different folk.
> At this stage I think the right thing to do is to retain them both, but put
> some more prominent information on using Robert's version and/or possibly
> make a compilation switch to use them.

Since both font.properties work for different people, it must mean that
people somehow have the respective fonts installed in their systems. In
my system initially none of the two font.properties worked, that is why
I had to download the URW fonts. Those of you who were ok with the default
(Blackdown's, Sun's or Greg's - which one is it?) font.properties, did you
get those fonts from somewhere special? Have you installed some specific
software that installs fonts along its main installation? Candidates would
be StarOffice, ApplixWare, etc. I have Gimp in my system, so that is out
of the question.

-past