Date:      Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:46:12 -0600
From:      Jeff at NorrisTechs <jeff@norristechs.net>
To:        rtsit <rtsit@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with FreeBSD 4.9-Release resetting itself!

Check the system board, RAM slots etc.  Get all the dust and lint that
may have built up and is holding heat.  Does your motherboard BIOS
provided you with any temp reading?    I had this same issue with 4.8,.
4.9 and 4.11 but is was the hardware and not the OS that was causing the
problem.  A good cleaning once a year never hurts

The RAM, motherboard and IO controller for the IDE hard drive could be
at fault.  If you clean everything and do not have a over heat problem.
I would try replacing the power supply, with at least a 350 Watt system
that can keep that unit cool..

Can you get your important data e.g /usr /home backed up if the hard
drive is going south on you?

*/Jeff Norris/*
/~ Web Hosting ~ VPN Solutions ~ Network Management ~
Design, deploy, kick ass. /
*N*orris*Techs* dot net
http://www.norristechs.net
*AOL IM or Yahoo IM: _ ntshelper _*