Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:49:23 -0700
From:      "Nick S." <sndata@home.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sony SR17 and X11

    Hello,
                    I have been unable to get my touchpad or usb mouse
to work in X. They both work in the normal terminal, and they both work
when i set them up in the installer. But when i start x, it runs but i
can't do anything with either mouse, if i touch the mouse, it shoots off
to the upper right corner and stays there.

X86Config:

Section "ServerLayout"
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"

[snip]

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
	Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons"
EndSection

/dev/mouse is a symbolic link to   /dev/sysmouse.

My touchpad is determined to be ps/2 during boot, and is device psm0 or
similar.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

                      -Nick