Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:51:12 -0500
From:      "Cribbins, Jason" <Jason.Cribbins@qwest.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FW: Red Alert 2 - FreeBSD Networking

for the archives

-----Original Message-----
From: Lanithium [mailto:lanithium@dingoblue.net.au]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 5:18 PM
To: Cribbins, Jason
Subject: Re: Red Alert 2 - FreeBSD Networking

Heya,

Thanks for all your help, i was reading through the red alert readme files
the other day and managed to find a little section on firewalls and port
numbers.

It appears the nat ports given on the freebsd site only allow the user to
connect to other users games, not host your own. So i did a little research
and managed to find that there are some extra ports needed to actually host
a game. These are:

 nat port udp 10.0.0.2:1234 1234        # red alert
 nat port udp 10.0.0.2:1235 1235        # red alert
 nat port udp 10.0.0.2:1236 1236        # red alert
 nat port udp 10.0.0.2:1237 1237        # red alert

After adding these the game now works fine :) Maybe get these added to the
freebsd site along side the other game ports in the ppp section? Might be
helpful for other users  :)

Thanks :)

Matthew Plews
lanithium@dingoblue.net.au