Date:      Thu, 09 Jul 1998 09:15:49 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyesf@newsguy.com>
To:        "Chris Coleman" <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD E-Zine?

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998 23:29:40 -0700 (PDT), Chris Coleman wrote:

>I was hoping to get an e-zine that printed every two months.

Although nice to have something printed don't really see the
advantages. Also if we keep it online only we could submit some of
our articles to the FreeBSD Newsletter.

>write a small column on what has been happening on that list over that two
>month period.  If I get enough of these volunteers We can keep an e-zine
>very well published.

That sounds like a good idea. We could have alternating columns so
the E-zine is published let's say monthly and then certain columns
are printed every 2/3 months. These columns would rotate. This way
the people maintaining them would have enough time to prepare them.

>> One of the problems with the FreeBSD pages is that they
>>seem Stale  after one visits them for a while. The newsflash is updated seldom.
>>
>That is one reason I would like to separate this from FreeBSD.org is
>because the people who  have 'Rights' there are already overloaded.

Agree. I once submited some small diffs to the FreeBSD pages and they
never made it.

>> Anothe simple approach is why not just have something like the Quick
>> Newsletter on the WEB. Nothing really fancy, just something which is
>> updated regularly,
>
>This is my plan exactly.  To start small and build from there.

did you see the url for freebsd online? freebsd-online.ml.org
That site or design could be a starting point.