Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 2010 13:07:15 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        Super Biscuit <super_bisquit@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, xorg@freedesktop.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg configuration fails on G4 Powermac

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

On 2010-Oct-07 06:03:10 -0700, Super Biscuit <super_bisquit@yahoo.com> wrot=
e:
>I've tried the xorg.conf.new with both the options you suggested and Denis=
e suggested. Same results: no detection for mga g400/450, blank screen for =
radeon.
>I'm curious as to whether or not I need to add the horiz and vert values t=
o the monitor section.

Can I suggest adding a "Virtual 1280 1024" (sized appropriately) to
each 'SubSection "Display"' of each 'Section "Screen"'.  I ran into
some wierd problems with multiple screens and found that the virtual
size isn't correctly initialised unless it's explicitly specified.

That said, I suspect that the underlying problem is:
>(WW) VGA arbiter: cannot open kernel arbiter, no multi-card support

ISTR, there is no longer any support for multiple video cards in
FreeBSD - I believe Xorg7.4 relies on external functionality that
FreeBSD doesn't have.  Can you try removing one of the
screen/device/monitor sections and see if it works?

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND--