Date:      Thu, 23 May 2013 10:51:03 +0200
From:      dt71@gmx.com
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        gjb@freebsd.org
Subject:   "injunction" on the use of GA

Several months ago, the FreeBSD web master decided to cover the main FreeBSD web site with Google Analytics, without giving any response or respect to critics and concerns raised by the user community, such as questioned benefits, public moral issues and noted alternatives. Now, I call for an "injunction" for the FreeBSD web master to explain, thoroughly:

What has so far been gained through the use of GA?
Of these, which ones could not have been achieved otherwise, such as with a different tool?
Also of these, which ones are significant, and why?
What warrants the continued application of GA?

I hope to see a compelling argument that justifies the web master's silent negligence several months ago, or admittance and relevant acts otherwise.