Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 1998 07:37:53 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        gibbs@FreeBSD.ORG, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCB problems in current (and CAM)

>Hi
>
>I am having a lot of problems in my 3.0-CURRENT kernel.
>
>The kernel randomly locks up (not often), but more often I get SCB
>errors; the most common is
>
>[words written from memory]
>SCB timeout handled by another timeout
>SCB timeout handled by another timeout
>SCB timeout handled by another timeout
>SCB timeout handled by another timeout

This looks like the strange problem someone else reported to me.
I don't know that CAM will solve this issue as it may be related
to either the clock changes or the timeout changes that Poul
did.  CAM is more robust though, so you should give it a shot.

>I get another where there is a screen (or so) of kernel errors
>referring to SCB problems. This screen contains all sorts of useful
>looking stuff, but as it is followed by a spontaneous reboot, I
>cannot write it down.

This is what serial consoles are for. 8-)

>[ Next question - When is CAM likely to be committed? I'd be
>happy/prepared to to help test/stress it if it solves my problem. ]

CAM won't be committed for a while.  I have to support all the things
the current SCSI layer supports which means I have 5 controller drivers
and 3 peripheral drivers to go.  You'll have to use the patch snapshots
until then.

--
Justin