Date:      Thu, 06 Nov 1997 15:35:19 -0500
From:      Michael Knoll <knollm@lafcol.lafayette.edu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Partitioning

Is it possible to change the size of slices in a partition without lossing
data?  I'm pretty sure it can't be done, but I need to be sure, cause I
don't want to reinstall, or have messy symbolic links everywhere.

What happened is my / slice is only 30 some megs, and when lynxs downloads
a file, it puts it in /tmp, which is in /.  So, if I download anything
about 30 megs(well, less than that) it fills /.

Is there anyway to resize slices?  Or is the only options to add another
harddrive, or a symbloic link /tmp to another slice?

Thanks...

Michael