Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 10:39:37 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   OpenJIT - results with patchset 8

On your porting page:
"There are some reports that you may have to replace uses of int32_t
with jint before OpenJIT can be build properly. Could someone please
confirm or deny this?"

Just built a fresh patchset-8 release build and openJIT on the top. The
only change I needed to make was line 170 of
CClassHeaders/org_OpenJIT_Compile.h: to

extern char org_OpenJIT_Compile_ConstantPoolFieldDescriptor(struct
Horg_OpenJIT_Compile *,jint);

It works, although performance hasn't been as great as I'd hoped. (It's
still a big improvement over the interpreted-only version)

"Keep up the good work" goes without saying

cheers-
Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
Bolstered by my success with vi, I proceeded to learn C with 'learn c'.