Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 19:16:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bradley Dunn <bradley@dunn.org>
To:        Eddie Fry <eddie@eaznet.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: IP Addressing

Check out the CIDR FAQ at
http://www.rain.net/faqs/cidr.faq.html

It explains the prefix notation and provides a link to RFC 1878 which also
explains it. Try not to get bogged down in "classes". They seemed like a
good idea at the time but are now obsolete because "in the beginning" a
global Internet with tens of thousands of routes was not in mind.

pbd
--
You can make it illegal, but you can't make it unpopular.