Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 1997 07:38:53 +1000
From:      David Nugent <davidn@unique.usn.blaze.net.au>
To:        Pat McPartland <mcp@blast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fw: make error: FBSD 2.1 & 2.1.5 and pgp 2.6.2

On Tue 8 Aril, 1997 15:41, Pat McPartland writes:
> gcc -I../rsaref/source -I../rsaref/test -DUSEMPILIB -O -DUNIX -DIDEA32
> -DASM -DMAX_NAMELEN=255 -c zipup.c
> zipup.c:43: conflicting types for `lseek'
> /usr/include/sys/types.h:84: previous declaration of `lseek'
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> How can I get around this?

Remove or change the lseek() prototype. It probably uses 'long',
or if the app is really old 'int', but freebsd uses a 64 bit ofs_t.

It is /really/ annoying when a programmer feels that he can
redefine libc routines in private headers. They should have
concentrated on getting their #include's right to begin with.

Send to above in a bug report in the 'ports' category, and cc
the author. It is a programming error, and if lseek() is provided
as a prototype, it will result in the application misbehaving.

Regards,

David Nugent - Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-9791-9547  Data/BBS +61-3-9792-3507  3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@freebsd.org davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn/