Date:      Mon, 05 Aug 2002 08:14:50 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Marc Fonvieille <blackend@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Christophe Juniet <cjuniet@entreview.com>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/41106: FreeBSD Handbook lacks "Desktop Applications" chapter.

Marc Fonvieille wrote:

>>>Productivity section:
>>>-Maybe Koffice has his place in the section, as some apps like gnumeric,
>>>gnucash...
>>>
>>I tried not to refer to KDE or GNOME apps since they aim to be complete
>>desktop. Maybe they deserve their own section ?
>>

> I don't know on that point. I saw many people using Koffice without
> using KDE as environment, it's why I thought about Koffice.

I am one of those people.  I often use Konqueror and other K* stuff, but I use fluxbox as my window manager.

Actually, I always am mix-n-matching this stuff. :)

Also, maybe add a small blurb about how to set up acroread in netscape to
automatically display pdf's.  Possibly the same with realplayer.

What about xlock?  Most people want to lock their desktops when they leave, or
after a short time frame.

Also, not nearly as important, but would be a popular "Desktop" app, instant
messenging?

My $.04 (inflation)

Eric