Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 11:24:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Eaglez <eaglez69@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trailing edge system recs

Well, What i think he means about digitally ripping,
is that (i'll use windows terms, since i've never
ripped under freebsd yet) you can use 3 types of
ripping: analog, software driven (i.e. mscdex), and
hardware driven (i.e. aspi) I'm not exactly sure how
that all translates into unix terms. YOU're probably
using the mscdex method. do you HAVE one of those
2-pin connectors i mentioned? The hardware ripping
gives better sound quality, and it's faster (yes, even
better than standard cd-audio). Only more modern
cdroms support this hardware method, and your
soundcard has to support it too.

Anyway, as for power supply, there was a message
earlier in this about how early athalon boards DID
require a 300watt powersupply, but more modern boards
(like the epox) will work flawlessly with a 250watt.
It doesn't have to be some special one either... any
will do, as long as it's ATX :)

-Jesse