Date:      Tue, 05 Jan 1999 12:58:12 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        aw1@stade.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony Playstations..

Adrian Wontroba wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 08:03:42PM -0600, David Kelly wrote:
> > Wasn't somebody doing a FreeBSD port to these things?   :-)
>
> I've heard a rumour that one UK academic is contemplating building a
> very cheap supercomputer with a collection of playstations.  I've no
> idea what OS is contemplated.

Talking about UK supercomputers. Whatever happened to the Inmos
Transputer of the '80's?. I remember seeing one of these parallel
processing devices at an exhibition in the mid-80's. It was displaying
in real-time a Newton's Cradle, photo-realistically rendered. This at
the time when a 386 was the top of the range PC.

> --
> Adrian Wontroba, Stade Computers Limited.       phone:  (+44) 121 681 6677

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd.
Bath, Avon, England.  Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com