Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:51:37 -0700
From:      Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: 1.3.1 patchset 7 not quite ready

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 09:33:52PM -0600, Nate Williams wrote:
> It appears that signals may not be completely working as expected in
> -current, so you may have problems there as well.
>
> If the only problems are userland (ie; libc_r), that's a really silly
> reason to abandon -stable for -current.

First of all, the code (HotSpot + libc_r) works better under -current
than -stable. I've been tracking -current pretty closely and it's fine
for what's being done at this point, signals are ok too.

A differentiation needed to be made between my own development process
and what will be available to the general community. Right now they are
different and it serves me best to continue with what I'm current doing
otherwise I won't be able to make any more forward progress with this
project.

As far as abandoning -stable, that'll be corrected once a libc_r merge
happens. It's not really abandoning it per se as much as waiting for
an essential component to be migrated over. When that happens, the two
efforts will be unified.

bill