Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 19:44:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Tom T. Thai" <tomthai@future.net>
To:        Susie Ward <sward@voltage.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cyclades and stuff :)

We use Comtrol RocketPort 32port PCI cards in Linux (no flames please),
NetBSD and FreeBSD systems for dialup.  We also use PM2 and PM3s too.
All authenticating to a RADIUS server.

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Susie Ward wrote:

> I would like to talk with someone who is using Cyclades cards (or really
> any multi-port card), specifically if anyone has setup a homemade "term
> server" with the Cyclades in a seperate machine. Mainly what we're needing
> to figure out is how to have the machine housing the Cyclades be able to
> safely access the passwd file on the main server. But any other suggestions
> or input to possible problems with this setup are also appreciated :) Right
> now we have two Cyclades cards in the main server, but we will be needing
> to add more and didn't really want to just keep cramming more cards into
> the main server. It may be easier/cheaper in the long run to just go with a
> PortMaster, but we already have the Cyclades cards here, so we would like
> to use them if it is feasible.
>
> Also, we have 7 brand new, still in the box USR Sportster 33.6 external
> modems for $100 each that we won't be using if anyone is interested.
>
> TIA
>
> Susie

Thomas T. Thai          Infomedia Interactive Communications
tom@iic.net             TEL 612.376.9090 * FAX 612.376.9087