Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 22:57:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Brennan W Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG

There is not much to see on www.greasydaemon.com yet.  It is simply going
to point to BSD sites... to assist in finding documentation.  If you have
your own bsd site and offer some documentation on some topic, let me know.
I will be creating categories for information, like networking, security,
and other useful topics.  Sites like freebsd.org offer lots of great info
on networking and many other topics but I hope to provide links to other
sites that augment that information.

I also hope to encourage people to contribute documentation to freebsd.org
and articles to sites like freebsdzine.org, freebsdrocks.org and
daemonnews.org.  I do not intend to spider more than 10 major sites to
encourage people to pool information on a limited number of sites.

Recently I needed to get natd running for my home network but could not
find much help on the freebsd.org site, but several days later I found it
on another site.  But now in a few seconds I can 18 matches on useful
information with the following search string.

natd ip filtering

Part of the documentation problem is not that it does not exist, just that
it is hard to find.  I hope to see that problem go away.

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

fortune:
The rhino is a homely beast,
For human eyes he's not a feast.
Farewell, farewell, you old rhinoceros,
I'll stare at something less prepoceros.
		-- Ogden Nash