Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:18:48 -0500
From:      Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, junkmale@xtra.co.nz, Charles Henrich <henrich@flnet.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Charles Henrich a Star?

[ -chat dropped from Cc: list ]

} >> With all due respect, PR is not one of Jordan's strong points.
} >
} >With all due respect, *your kind* of PR is not one of my strong points
} >and I hope to god it never is.  That would be like deciding to become
} >a divorce lawyer. :-)
}
} My kind of PR is EFFECTIVE PR. Your PR, which has burdened FreeBSD
} for many years, has set the OS so far behind Linux in market share
} and visibility that it may never catch up.

Your kind of PR (at least as seen on the lists) may be effective, but the
only thing it's effective _at_ is alienating people you're trying to convince
and people you should be working with.

--
   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton@pobox.com