Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 1996 16:01:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>
To:        Chris Watson <scanner@webspan.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAID systems for freebsd

On Tue, 4 Jun 1996, Chris Watson wrote:

> Im looking into getting a raid system for us were running all FreeBSD cans
> here. Management wants one so were getting one.. I would MUCH rather keep
> it an all fbsd camp i dont want an NT or anyother garbage on my lan.
>
> Is there ANY RAID controlles and subsystems supported by freebsd or BSDI
> 2.0 that i can run the binaries from.

Try a SCSI-SCSI unit like the DAC960SI that works on *ANY* platform. It
doesn't require any OS support at all.
http://www.mylex.com

But first, phone them and ask if they support FreeBSD on their other
DAC960 models. When they say "no" make sure to ask them when they will
start supporting FreeBSD. If they say something about Linux, make sure to
tell them that if Linux drivers are available with "source code" then it
can easily be ported to FreeBSD for them.

Michael Dillon                                   ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.                                 Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com                             E-mail: michael@memra.com