Date:      Wed, 09 Jun 2010 09:48:51 -0500
From:      Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl@ringofsaturn.com>
To:        Hubert Tournier <hubert@frbsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic with FreeBSD Guest in FreeBSD VirtualBox host

> Hum. It may be dependent on the systems settings i use. Come to think about
> it the GENERIC 8.0p3 kernel i tested upon was compiled with some
> optimizations (CFLAGS+= -mtune=k8 -mmmx -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mfpmath=sse). I
> will run a test with default compilation options.
>
> However, i don't plan to use FreeBSD i386 hosts because most of our servers
> have more than 4 GB RAM.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Hubert

Hubert,

I am running a FreeBSD 8 AMD64 system with 12GB of memory and since
upgrading to VBox 3.2.2 have seen no freezes or other issues.  I am
running a FreeBSD client that I plan to test clang inside of and it has
no issues booting.  The only thing I had to do different was use FTP
passive when installing since it is NAT'd.  I am using an Intel Core i7
920.  I also run UBuntu 32bit, Fedora 64 bit, OpenSuse 64bit, Open
Solaris 32bit, XP, and Windows 7.  I am using only this CPU
customization in /etc/make.conf

CPUTYPE?=               nocona

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,