Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 2004 02:13:07 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        Colin Alston <karnaugh@karnaugh.za.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Autoreply from SSH

> Hooray for stupid companies!
> "avoid SPAM", pass it on, whats the difference.
> I know I'm all ears for that RFC on spam bounce messages...

Maybe add legislators to the list of the stupid or out-dated  ? ...

  "Unfortunately by German law are we not allowed to dump any mails
  regardless the fault found.  We must return the mail to the sender."

That was part of a friendly & apologetic reply I got from a Siemens
postmaster, after I mailed them this week about about a `bounce' I
got from them, when a spammer masquerading as me, & spammed them &
bounced to me.

I hope it's wrong, but doubt it.  From a corporate perspective
companies may also prefer to bounce all non delivered mail so that
business partners know if something important failed to deliver.
The cost to bouncer of doing that is low, though in aggregate it
will add to time wasting spam.

-
Julian Stacey.  Unix C & Net Services Consultant - Munich.  http://berklix.com
  Mail me in Ascii text/plain:   Html is dumped as Spam.
  Schnupftabak probieren:  Ihr Rauchen = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !
  		Surplus hardware	http://berklix.com/surplus/