Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2001 16:41:04 -0500
From:      Alan Clegg <abc@bsdi.com>
To:        Eric Hedstrom <erich@peregrine.com>
Cc:        Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mounting a sandisk

Unless the network is lying to me again, Eric Hedstrom said:
> Type 2 ones are thicker. Notable instances include the IBM Microdrives
> <http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/diskdrdl/micro/>.

At this point, I'll give my standard disclaimer:

	DO NOT USE IBM MICRODRIVES IN A USB READER UNDER FreeBSD

I've roached two 340MB microdrives by just inserting them.  There has been
discussion about this being a voltage issue (high startup draw).  Standard
CF cards work fine, but the IBM drives lose their magic smoke.

The IBM drives work fine in a PCMCIA carrier.

AlanC {you have been warned, I should have leared after the first one}