Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:04:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@threespace.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CD-R(W)s

It's time to replace my old CD-ROM and I'm considering moving to a CD-R or
a CD-RW.  I'm wondering how well these devices work with FreeBSD 2.2.x.

Is it possible to burn CDs using FreeBSD (e.g., is there softare available
for this purpose)?

Does they function normally as CD-ROM replacements or are there any
special considerations?

Does anybody have any good/bad experiences with a particular manufacturer
or model?

Thanks,
K.S.