Date:      Wed, 05 Apr 2000 01:12:10 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        lioux@uol.com.br
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How stable is the ATA code?

In message <20000405014201.C41981@Fedaykin.here> lioux@uol.com.br writes:
: I heard some rumors about some instability on the new ATA code
: combined with DMA mode.  Is this founded? Can I safely build the
: latest stable and have a peaceful sleep?

Unless you have one of a couple of troublesome chipsets, you are set.
The troublesome sets are the cmd640, tz1000 (I think) and the Apollo
82c586B (aka MPV3).  The first two are broken in the silcon, while the
latter is just broken in current code for the moment.

Warner