Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 1995 16:28:32 -36000
From:      "Allen D. Harpham" <aharpham@cnweb.com>
To:        John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: To the person with Merit-2.16 compile problems

On Fri, 8 Dec 1995, John Capo wrote:

> Add this to your Makefile and it will link.  This is the /only/
> change I made to the distribution.
>
> LIBS      = -lcrypt -lcompat
>
> Haven't tested 2.4.16 but 2.4 works with the same link line.
>
> John Capo                                                   jc@irbs.com
> IRBS Engineering                       High performance FreeBSD systems
> (305) 792-9551                 Unix/Internet Consulting - ISP Solutions

That line is already in the Makefile under the FreeBSD section.  With It
I get the following results:

When I run Make I get the following error:

"Makefile", line 502: Need an operator
Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

If I delete the lines that refer to builddbm from the makefile, I get the
following error:

./src/users.c: In function 'update_clients':
./src/users.c:2509: 'h_errno' undeclared (first use this function)
./src/users.c:2509: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
./src/users.c:2509: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

Stop

Any ideas?

Thanks, Allen

Allen D. Harpham, President   |     Voice:   (402)462-4619
Computer Consultants of       |     Fax:     (402)462-4670
Hastings, Inc.                |     E-mail:  aharpham@nebland.cnweb.com
1126 N. Briggs Ave.           |     HTTP:    http://www.cnweb.com/index.com