Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 22:49:06 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Joachim Kuebart <joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SYM20402 SCSI adaptor with 53C416 chip

> I'm looking for support for the abovementioned SCSI chip. I don't
> think there's any in the main trunk. Would CAM solve my problems?

No.  The 53c4xx family are low-cost low-power derivatives of the 53c80,
making them such poor contenders in this day and age that unless you
have an embedded application where one is forced on you, support for it
would only encourage you to continue beating your head against the wall.

If you have a pressing need, you might be able to resuscitate the 'nca'
driver to the point where it will work for you.  If you're serious
about it, a renovation of the driver would be worthwhile.