Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:36:13 +1100 (EST)
From:      atrn@zeta.org.au
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Sony Playstations..

On  5 Jan, Wood, Richard wrote:
> On 05 January 1999 12:58, Mark Ovens[SMTP:marko@uk.radan.com] wrote:
>> Talking about UK supercomputers. Whatever happened to the Inmos
>> Transputer of the '80's?.
>
> A quick search on "inmos transputer" will turn up such pages as
>
> http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/archive/transputer.html
>
> INMOS became SGS-Thompson.

And transputers have recently been withdrawn from the market. Many
years ago I worked for a company building a transputer based graphics
system (I wrote the OS and job farming system we used for accelerating
our ray tracer). It was an interesting device. Occam (and CSP) are
also good but alef and limbo (ref. Plan 9 + Inferno) do a better job
of making the CSP-style programming practical.

--
If it ain't broke, break it.