Date:      Wed, 5 May 2004 21:10:05 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Audio and video in different places with bktr

	Hi,

	I have hit an odd problem with my bktr (Pinnacle PC/TV) card which
worked perfectly happily on a Dutch UPC cable feed, but when connected to
a Sky digibox (satellite system) in Ireland tunes video and audio in
different places for the same channel. Using xawtv I can get the picture on
channel 68 (which is where it should be) but the audio requires a fine tune
to +26 (or +41) by which time the picture has gone blue, I can get similar
effects in mplayer, fxtv and ffmpeg.

	I have tried fiddling with the tuner sysctl and the channel set but
nothing changes. My guess is that the audio carrier is at an unexpected
offset from the video, but I can't see where to hack to adjust it.

	Searching the archives revealed quite a number of posts from people
with video and no audio or poor audio but no resolution of their problems,
perhaps there is a clue here.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun