Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:28:22 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <van.woerkom@netcologne.de>
To:        cpiazza@jaxon.net
Cc:        van.woerkom@netcologne.de, sreid@sea-to-sky.net, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Success: Quake 3 DemoTest under FreeBSD with RIVA TNT too!

> I also got it to run with a machine much like yours (but 350mhz).
> I must say, performance was pretty dismal if I was outside of hallways.
> Is it really running great for you?  If so I have to wonder why.

Just because I am less demanding than you. :-)

It looks nice, it is the first state of the art game for X11 I saw so
far. It is slow, but that is not the game's fault.

Linux emulation and sound work, and I don't give much on the present
fps rates, as I am sure that these will improve significantly next year,
when better OpenGL drivers are available. The nvidia driver mentioned
on Slashdot yesterday might be a rumor, but I think DRI is something we
are likely to achieve ourselves.

Regards,
Marc