Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 02:05:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marc Ramirez <mrami@gbtb.com>
To:        Steve Rubin <ser@tch.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Point of Sale software

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Steve Rubin wrote:

> Anyone know of any point of sale software that runs under FreeBSD?
>
> -or-
>
> Anyone interested in writing one with me? ;)

Hey!

POS entry + COBOL = a free trip back to 1979 in the old Chevy Impala!

I used to have MicroVAX 2000 and a VT420 in my bedroom that was
jury-rigged with a light pen and cash drawer (I forgot the model number;
it's the ones they use(d) at Bloickbuster) back when I was the SMG$ god
at my place of employ.  I should have just stripped to pay my way through
college! :)

Marc.

> --
> Steve Rubin - ser@tch.org - http://www.tch.org/~ser/

Marc Ramirez - Owner		Great Big Throbbing Brains
mrami@gbtb.com			http://www.gbtb.com
Our brains throb, so yours won't have to!