Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 22:35:28 -0500
From:      Javier Frias <javier@nyi.net>
To:        Jonathan & Charmane Frazier <wolfman@csocs.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FrontPage extensions on Apache

There's definetely a lot of interest in the updating of your all in one
port.
Maybe you should get in touch with  "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
as he is working
on revamping the way the apache ports are built ( i recollect from
reading the port mailin glist )

also, just as a suggestion , have you looked at using this modified
mod_frontpage
from ftp://ftp.vr.net/pub/apache/mod_frontpage/

keep up the great work

Jonathan & Charmane Frazier wrote:

> I am the author and there are no plans on incorporating it into the ports tree.
> I've fought the fight and lost.  So because of that, I haven't updated it.  If
> you all would like it updated, I am willing to do it, but the other Apache
> maintainers aren't going to allow it to be put into ports.  I think mainly
> because it steps on their toes and make the other php3, ssl, and fp ports
> worthless.  Maybe those of you who have used this port and wish to see it updated
> and used could send mail to ports@freebsd.org.
>
> J.C. Frazier
>
> Jon Rust wrote:
>
> > At 9:11 AM -0500 2/15/00, Jim Weeks wrote:
> > >There is a port based on apache 1.3.9 that includes fp, php, and ssl.  You
> > >would be able to find the URL if the mail archives were not down.  If you
> > >would be interested in building this port I have a tarball and would be glad
> > >to place it somewhere for retrieval if you would like.  Just let me know.
> > >

> > Anyone know if there are plans to incorporate this, or one like it,
> > port into FreeBSD's ports? Or if the original port author plans on
> > updating it to apache 1.3.12 and php 3.0.15?
> >
> > jon

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-isp" in the body of the message

     MMM           \|/            www            __^__
    (o o)          @ @           (O-O)          /(o o)\
-ooO-(_)-Ooo---oOO-(_)-OOo---oOO--(_)--OOo---oOO==(_)==OOo

        Javier A. Frias <javier@nyi.net>
        Sr. System Administrator

        The New York Internet Company
        20 Exchange Place 21st Floor
        New York, N.Y. 10005

 "Error #152 - Windows not found: (C)heer (P)arty (D)ance"