Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 1997 14:05:37 -0400
From:      "Pat McPartland" <mcp@blast.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   smc9332 and freeBSD  2.1.5  problems

Hello,
I am trying to get smc9332 10/100 cards to work in FreeBSD.  They detect as
de0 and de1.

Well, first, I can't even get one to work.  I set up the card as such in
sysconfig:
network_interfaces="de0 lo0"
ifconfig_de0="inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_lo0="inet localhost"

and de0 is enabled (i'm using GENERIC kernel at the moment).
No error, it just can't find anything on the network.  Note this worked
with 3com Etherlink3 (ep0).

And the cards work in my win95 machine.

I am going to trying to setup two of these cards in a dual-homed machine.

Fun,fun,fun.

Thanks,

Pat

Patrick McPartland