Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 16:34:29 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        yurtesen@ispro.net.tr (Evren Yurtesen)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hello

> I have a so serious problem...
> my /var/mail directory is nearly full...
> and I do not know what to do, also I do not want to
> change the current hard drive with a newer one, I just want to
> add a new drive...
> how may I tell sendmail to have some users' emails to store
> to the new disk???

One of the sample maps distributed with AMD places mail files in
user's home directories.  This may be one soloution.

You could also specify a map that moved only specific users mailboxes
to a different directory, ie:

# cd /var
# mv mail real_mail
# mkdir mail

Then start AMD with a map for /var/mail as a mount point, with some
users mapped from /var/mail/xxx to /var/real_mail/xxx, and others to
/new_disk/mail/yyy.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---