Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 18:09:18 -0500
From:      "Allen Hyer" <allenh@wtrt.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>

I have a question that I hope has an easy answer.  Here is what I am
trying to do.  I want to dial out on a modem,connected to cuaa1.  Nothing
fancy, not to connect to PPP or anything, just straight ascii.  I need it
to  look for prompts and answer them, and then log off.  Just looking
around I thought that chat might be the answer.  I have tried it with no
luck.  It looks like it is using standard out/in instead of the modem
line. If anyone can help or recommend another utility, I would appreciate
it.

Allen Hyer
West Texas Rural Telephone